A Newly Release All-Purpose Book For Students / Parents / Counsellors: myCOURSE Guide - Let the 27 fields of study lead you to the right course choice.February 28, 2018 | Editor's Desk
Challenger Concept is pleased to announce the release of the all-purpose 'myCOURSE Guide: Let the 27 fields of study lead you to the right course choice'.
This all new myCOURSE Guide comprises two parts:
- a guidebook on the 27 fields of study and the corresponding courses offered by participating institutions; and
- A workbook which incorporates a career assessment activity that helps students explore and identify fields of study that is the right fit for them.
This is an important publication which is useful, practical (activity-based), and relevant for students, counsellors, parents and stakeholders.
About this new book:
Complemented by www.studymalaysia.com/career-guide, this easy-to-use and first-of-its-kind guidebook is a useful assessment tool for school counsellors, students and parents—it helps students explore and identify a suitable COURSE choice for their university education; likewise it helps school counselling teachers and parents to guide students in their choice of career and course.
Who will benefit from this activity-based guidebook?
1. A useful tool for students:
Designed for Form 4, 5 and 6 students and international school students preparing for IGCSE or A-Levels, this guidebook summarises all possible study disciplines available and groups them into 27 fields of study. Students will be introduced to each field of study, its sub-fields or majors, possible occupations in each field, as well as a list of courses offered under each field of study by the corresponding education providers.
There’s more—a self-directed activity (career assessment) in the guidebook helps students to explore, evaluate and shortlist the fields of study in which they are interested and subsequently, search for a right higher education course which matches their career interest.
It is hoped that users will be guided in:
- finding out what courses are offered in each field of study that matches their dream career or career interest; and
- identifying an education provider of a particular course of study that corresponds to their career interest.
2. A useful tool for career guidance counsellors:
This effective assessment tool and guidebook helps counsellors with:
- information about all possible fields of study coupled with examples of courses
- a list of possible occupations in each field
- a list of important criteria for each field of study that guides students in determining if they are ready or suited for a particular field of study
- a handy and easy-to-use career assessment tool: a self-directed activity
3. A useful tool for parents:
This guidebook aims to help parents by providing answers to the following questions:
- Are you able to help your child who may be at a loss when it comes to planning for their study course at university?
- Do you want to help your child to choose the RIGHT course to study?
- Does your child need help exploring and defining their interests and abilities?
- Do you know what fields of study are a RIGHT fit for your child?
It is undoubtedly a great tool in helping their children choose a course of study at tertiary level!
View Other categories: NATIONAL | CAMPUS | ACHIEVEMENT | EDITOR'S DESK